Because Moriah is just now starting to read chapter books, this will include her top 10 favorite chapter books I’ve read aloud to her AND then her top 5 favorite books she’s read herself. Finally, I’ll list her top 10 favorite picture books.
Top 10 Favorite Books Read Aloud
These ARE in order, with #1 being her favorite (and also being the most recent book I’ve read to her):
1. Key to the Treasure (Peggy Parish)
2. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (C.S. Lewis)
3. Stone Fox (John Reynolds Gardiner)
4. The Door in the Wall (Marguerite de Angeli)
5. Ghost Town Treasure (Clyde Robert Bulla)
6. Misty of Chincoteague (Marguerite Henry)
7. The Twenty-One Balloons (William Pene du Bois)
8. The Railway Children (E. Nesbit)
9. Abraham Lincoln (Anne Colver)
10. Helen Keller (Margaret Davidson)
Top 5 Favorite Books (that she has read on her own)
1. Dolphins! (Sharon Bokoske and Margaret Davidson)
2. A Teddy Bear for President Roosevelt (Connie and Peter Roop)
3. Abe Lincoln's Hat (Martha Brenner)
4. Tornado (Betsy Byars)
5. Molly's Pilgrim (Barbara Cohen)
Top 10 Favorite Picture Books (no particular order)
1. Katie and the Spanish Princess (James Mayhew)
2. Katie and the Mona Lisa (James Mayhew)
3. The Egyptian Cinderella (Shirley Climo)
4. Miss Suzy (Miriam Young)
5. “Stand Back,” Said the Elephant, “I’m Going to Sneeze!” (Patricia Thomas)
6. Bad Kitty (Nick Bruel)
7. Four Puppies (Anne Heathers)
8. Town Mouse Country Mouse (Jan Brett)
9. Trouble with Trolls (Jan Brett)
10. The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig (Eugene Trivizas)
(Yes, I did make her pose for this photo right in the middle of a Wii game.)
I'm linking this post to "The Children's Bookshelf" at What Do We Do All Day?
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you!