Sunday, 13 February 2011

Tot School, Week 16

Tot School


Gabriela has had a cold this week…again!  She wasn’t as miserable as last time, but I think it affected her desire (or lack of) to do Tot School.  Anyway, we did get some activities done.

1.  February Sensory Tub035 036 037 015

2.  Open/Close containers with heart erasers inside 041 044  046

Homemade play dough (pink with red glitter and scented with strawberry flavoring) with heart-shaped cutters and heart picks to sort.047  052 064

Putting pink clothespins on a heart box068 069 070

Transferring heart “gems” to heart candy mold 072 073  077

Dot stamping a heart flower picture (from DLTK)078  080

Coloring a V is for Valentine picture.  She traced the V and colored the heart.  I got this printable from Confessions of a Homeschooler.  She has a lot of cool Valentine printables, by the way.  My only problem is that they’re so beautiful that most of them take loads of ink, and I can’t afford to use so much printer ink!  018 

Tweezer work with wooden hearts and heart ice cube tray.  Actually that thing is a lobster chopstick that one of my kids got with a kids’ meal some time ago.  I don’t have any cool heart tweezers or tongs, but at least it’s red!  She had a little frustration with this activity at first and resorted to using her fingers, but she finally got it.025  020 024  023   

Sorting buttons by color into a heart ice cube tray.  I got this idea from Mama to 4 Blessings.017 001 002 003

That was our week!  Anyway, if you’re a creative person with lots of ideas, please read on:

HELP!!!  I put this in an earlier post, but if anyone has any suggestions for how I might use the following items in Tot School this week, please let me know!  I will credit your idea in my next post.  : )  I just can’t think of anything!

1.  Valentine felt (size of regular sheet of paper)038

2.  Wooden hearts on strings, wooden heart ornaments, and a few wooden hearts with no strings043

I’m linking this post to Tot School at 1+1+1=1.

3 comments:

  1. Great week! Love your sensory bin and the crab tongs! Great learning tools! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you be opposed to having her paint the little hearts (not the blue ones)? Not sure about the felt sheet unless you feel like cutting out the hearts and having her do a heart color sorting activity. Sorry, not much help. lol :) Maybe someone else will come up with something better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went back and found your original post. I noticed that you have felt, foam, silky, and wooden heart objects. Would texture sorting be too easy? Or to add an element of difficulty, you could put a set in front of her (one of each type of heart) and a few sets into a bag and tell her which texture you want her to find just with her hand. Or she could pull one out of the bag and then reach back in to find a matching texture.

    Is this making any sense?! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin