Yes, I know…this post is very late. Everyone else is posting their February sensory tubs, and here I am just finishing and posting my January tub! Even in December, I halfway had in mind what my January tub should look like. Once I started to put it together at the beginning of the month, I realized I didn’t have everything I needed, and I just didn’t have any more inspiration…so it sat unfinished all month. Well, we went to an antique mall and a craft store last weekend, and I found what I needed to make our sensory tub work…sudden inspiration at the last minute!
This is the first week I put it together, so I’ll let Gabriela play with it this week before changing it for a Valentine-themed sensory tub. So this idea probably won’t be helpful to anyone (unless you’re so motivated that you’re already planning for next year), but maybe you’ll find it interesting anyway.
It’s not very complicated. All it contains is a large piece of polystyrene at the bottom of the tub, a lot of cotton balls, 3 snowmen heads, different-sized polystyrene balls with toothpicks, and snowflake confetti (black on one side, white on the other).
The idea is to build the snowmen and stick them upright from the larger piece of polystyrene. Gabriela really liked this one…at least today she did. I helped her put together the snowmen, and she especially enjoyed picking out all the snowflakes.
Very cute Sensory Tub :-)
ReplyDeleteVery cute idea!!
ReplyDeletethat is a great and easy winter sensory tub...thank you for posting. I am going to use this when i go back to school in january...i don't put out my valentines ideas until feb...so it works for me...not late at all! i like that it is so uncomplicated!!! you rock!
ReplyDelete