I love this sensory tub! I got the idea from Pink and Green Mama, and even though mine is a little different, I take no credit for coming up with this idea. I thought hers was so beautiful that I had to try making a similar one. Gabriela loves it, too!
What our apple sensory tub contains:
- Dried green split peas
- 2 wooden cups to hold “apples”
- Various size pompoms (red, yellow, and a few pale green)
- Miniature wooden broom, bucket, and ladder from our dollhouse
- Plastic apples from a set of fruit & veggie math counters
- Cinnamon sticks
- Felt board, apple trees, apples, buckets of apples, and ladders from a farm felt set
- Larger plastic apple
- Metal pail (with pears pictured on it)
- Small wooden scoop
Gabriela tried all sorts of things with this tub. She immediately made use of the scoop but also picked up peas by the handfuls. They feel so lovely to run your fingers through! She used the cinnamon sticks to “stir” the peas. Later she put the ladder on the side of the tub for one of her little dolls to climb (didn’t get a picture). She did a lot of scooping and pouring, mostly with the peas. The apples were a bit ignored, as was the felt set. However, they make the tub look pretty and colorful, and maybe she’ll play with them next time.
I’m linking this post to “Sensory Tubs” at Our Worldwide Classroom.