We do a timeline entry each week...this is one of the pages he's done:

I get the timeline forms at Simply Charlotte Mason. It's a free download!
Justinian and Theodora paper dolls (Byzantine Empire) from Story of the World Middle Ages Activity Book:

Activity sheet from Story of the World: Middle Ages Activity Book--illumination (he even used a gold pen for highlights--he loved that!):


Coloring some Celtic cards (scenes and also designs) I picked up at a museum shop here in England:

Eating rice with chopsticks...well, they weren't real chopsticks (they came with a kids' meal at a fast-food restaurant), but they worked alright.

Kai-awase (Shell memory game played in medieval Japan):

I put Japanese pictures on the back of the shell shapes:

Haiku: Isaac wrote his own and decorated it.

Charlemagne stick puppets (Story of the World: Middle Ages Activity Book):


Viking boat (template from Story of the World Middle Ages Activity Book):

I still need to fit in that trip to the Jorvik Viking Centre in York!
Working on his Vikings Sticker Activity Book (He loves it when I put one of these in his workbox!):


Coat of Arms--the shield template came from Story of the World Middle Ages Activity Book. Isaac designed his own coat of arms for the shield.


Press-out 3D Model of a Knight's Castle:



Thought I would end with a picture of Isaac looking at a typical medieval feast display...he thought the tongue looked gross (so did I, in fact). This photo was taken when we went to Little Moreton Hall on a field trip--it's a Tudor-era house and had a special display at Christmas on medieval meals.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you!